Thursday, May 18, 2006

salami neck meat...

this post is for my virginian meat lover boy in the house. so i'm riding on the bus home, after a long day. i'm trying to go to my meditation zone, back of the bus, loud, SCREAMING obnoxious kids...eyes shut, sunglasses on, breathing..........when what to my wondering neck should appear? but 3 salami slices stuck to the side of my neck & ear...salami neck meat. crazy children have thrown salami at me. at my neck. salami neck meat kinda day. of course i am obviously a little stressed and strung out b/c instead of ignoring, or simply removing the salami, (which would have been the wise thing to do), i throw it back...i have sunk to their level. not only do i throw it back, but i begin to yell too...loudly. and then i stand up, on the moving bus, with salami stuck to my neck and yell some more. these punk kids get up too, yell back, try to steal my bags, and start to threaten me...lovely. and what do the other bus passengers do? nothing. not a thing. they all stand there and stare at this going down. so i have to crawl around the threatening large throng of kids with salami stuck to my head and get up to the front of the bus, which is like a mile away b/c it's one of those busses that kink in the middle and then keep going, all the while, kids yelling, throwing, people watching, me screaming, "bus driver, bus driver, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, BUS DRIVERRRRRRRRRR!" the kids of course scram off the back of the bus as soon as i make it up to the front and tell the driver to get these kids off b/c they are throwing SALAMI (i don't even eat meat, i rather abhor it - my friend j. says i summoned the meat gods...) at me and threatening me...

needless to say, not a great day. and candy kid b. ---- not the best jenifer day. ;( boo hoo. i need a cocktail.

at least tomorrow is friday. & this weekend brings TOTAL sprout production time...

5 comments:

Vi said...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I REALLLY HATE TO SAY THIS BUT THIS IS THE FUNNNIEST STORY THAT I'VE HEARD IN A LONG TIME!!!! AND I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO PEEVED THAT THESE KIDS MESSED UP YOUR HOLIDAY!!1

Vi said...

ohh i forgot to add something, i can't believe that you threw the salami back at them, you must have been at the end of your rope, but just the fact that you would do something like is why i LUV you. tehe. no but really,i'm mad that they f*^&ed up your day. i hope you poured youself a glasss of vodka straight up- i gotta to go a kickball game

jenifer lake said...

kickball? now, that's a good time.. ;)

Vi said...

we watched the juniors play against the seniors and then we had cake auction right after that, they baked so many cakes and classes bidded on them but i think that one of the cakes that our class bought was spiked cause it had that "certain" taste to it, not that i would know of course *cough*, and right now mary is browsing through sprout studio looking at stuff she thinks is (direct quote) "SOOO cute" and she wants to know if your going to make any more bracelets.

jenifer lake said...

yup, got 5 more hangin out right next to me! ;)