Sunday, July 09, 2006

me & the jellies

i was hanging out on the dock last night, and all these jelly fish were coming in with the tide. i thought it so odd b/c we are on a little finger of the elizabeth river - yes, part of the chesapeake bay that leads to the great ole atlantic, but for whatever reason i never thought the water brackish enough to support the jellies coming in. anyways, they were beautiful and ethereal and they kept floating and dancing around kissing the surface of the water for air; and i was rather mesmerized. so here they are.

and yes, i know the photos are overexposed; i'm a crafty artsy girl, i never claimed to be a world class photographer!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Those look amazing.

Unknown said...

Really cool! I don't think I've ever seen a jellyfish in person.

Pootlecat said...

Jellyfish are great - I grew up by the sea and then went to uni by the sea so I'm well versed in the ways of the jellies! Good use of the word 'brackish' btw!